Mission Statement: Easley Transportation creates transportation solutions by placing the right people in the right place to ensure that customers’ time-critical shipments arrive at the right time.
Responsibility – We will take ownership of the freight that we transport and the decisions that we make to ensure our customers’ success.
- How is it possible for us to take ownership of the freight and the decisions that we make to move that freight? It is all about a state of mind. It’s one thing to claim responsibility if something bad happens, but that approach is reactive in nature. We want to be proactive. How do we do this?
- We can be proactive in taking responsibility for our jobs by imagining what we are doing is a matter of life and death. Imagine that every shipment we handle or move is transporting the heart transplant needed to save a child’s life. Wouldn’t we all act in a matter of urgency and safety? The decision that you make and the importance that you give each situation could save a child. This is the mindset that we need in going forward with every shipment.
- Why is it important for us to do this? It is important because we want Easley to be synonymous with excellence. If we keep the above mindset in our minds, customers won’t hesitate to call upon us and we will be proud of the work that we do.
Integrity – We will act with consistency in our character, with honesty and fairness, establishing long-term relationships built on performance and trust.
- Consistency – Every time you go to grandmamma’s house and you are fed, and fed well, you experience consistency in her character. You can have security knowing that you will not go hungry with grandma. We want our customers to have security in what we provide as well.
- Honesty – Honesty means that no matter the situation, the circumstances, or the events that might take place, the truth is of first and foremost importance. Even if this means truth at the consequence of your reputation or your pride, the truth is still of primary importance. We will be honest with our customers, society-at-large, and ourselves, no matter the consequence.
- Fairness – No one likes being treated unfairly. You know how this feels. We want to act with justice in our character. We will treat every person that we interact with in respect and fairness.
- Performance – We will excel at all that we do. This goes back to the responsible mindset that we make decisions with concerning ourselves and others.
- Trust – Trust is produced when all the above have been fulfilled consistently. We cannot expect our customers to trust us, nor can we expect to have an excellent reputation, without following each of the aforementioned traits daily.
Intensity – We will focus our energy on proactively solving our customers’ transportation problems.
- Sometimes, everything seems like it is moving so fast that you can’t even think. Everything seems to be a blur and it feels like your head is spinning because of how quickly problems seem to unfold.
- This, however, is not what intensity is.
- Intensity is moving with accuracy and efficiency and solving problems before they even reach us. Of course, this cannot be done every time. The act of being intense is not being perfect but instead focusing all your energy on each task as the task comes to you.
Safety – We will ensure the safety of our people, our customers, and the communities that we serve.
- Safety is not an act, a decision, or a provision. Safety is a culture.
- In keeping with integrity, we must, as a company, make decisions that will sometimes affect our community. We should not expect our drivers and dock crew to act in a way that exudes safety if we do not also keep this idea in mind when we are setting up shipments.
- If we know that a certain shipment, a certain move, or a certain decision is not safe for ourselves, our customers, or our communities, then we should decline to take part in that event. Safety is about making decisions responsibly, with integrity.
Excellence – We will provide services of the highest quality standards and build a performance-based value for our customers.
- This is the character trait that necessarily comes if we follow each of the prior Core Values. This is the end cap that will either make or break who Easley is in the eyes of ourselves, our customers and our communities.
- Excellence cannot be achieved if we do not also follow Responsibility, Integrity, Intensity, and Safety. Once we are following the previous four character traits on a daily basis, our work will be excellent, and people will not hesitate to associate Excellence with Easley.